What To Expect
Before you arrive for your appointment, there are some things to note to ensure your visit goes smoothly.
Take a Virtual Tour
Know exactly what to expect when you arrive in our office as Carrie, the director of clinical operations, takes you on a virtual video tour.
Save time during your visit by filling out our secure online patient registration form. Patients who have registered online may arrive 5 to 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Patients who have not, should arrive no less than 20 minutes early to complete the patient paperwork in office.
At Nebraska Oral & Facial Surgery, we work hand-in-hand to maximize your insurance benefits. We make every effort to provide you with the finest care and the most convenient financial options and will call your insurance, on your behalf, to calculate the most accurate estimate. We are participating providers for most insurance companies and work hand-in-hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures.
Length of Procedure
The length of your procedure will depend on the procedure taking place. Wisdom teeth procedures typically take 30 to 60 minutes. You can expect to be in our office 1.5 to 2 hours which accounts for consultation, procedure and in-office recovery time.
IV Sedation Preparation Checklist
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours before your IV sedated procedure. This means no, food, water, mints, or gum.
- Make arrangements for someone to stay with you at the office, through your procedure, and drive you home after. They will not be able to leave during your procedure.
- If you normally wear contacts, we ask you wear your glasses the day of the procedure.
- Please arrive wearing a short sleeve shirt.
- Patient paperwork can be filled out here. Please fill out paperwork before you arrive in our office to accelerate your visit. If you have filled out the patient registration paperwork beforehand, please arrive 5 to 10 minutes early. If you would like to fill out your paperwork at the office, the day of your procedure, arrive no less than 20 minutes early.
At The Office
- Patients 18 years or younger will need a guardian present to sign a consent form.
- Please bring all dental and medical insurance cards with you to the office.
- If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may forward them or bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our office.
- Before your procedure, a dental assistant will go over your medical history. Your doctor will also visit you to answer any questions and go over concerns you may have. If you have concerns about medications, please call prior to your procedure so we can contact your physician.
For the comfort of the patient, our doctors recommend IV sedation.
Questions about IV Sedation? Give our office a call at 402.327.9400.
Recover with Ease
Your procedure is over, now what? Watch as we review everything the nurses covered in your post-op recovery. This video is full of basic recovery instructions and tips to help avoid dry sockets and infection.